TodayIlearnt is a series that I want to start, to record my learnings for a day and also gain more insights into those from people around. I will try to post everyday , once in two days being the worst case.
How do deaf (hearing impaired) think ?
This is an interesting question we stumbled upon in a day-to-day discussion of ours! We were curious as to which language do they think? How do they communicate with the brain to communicate a thought?! We tried to come up with possible answers for the question which are as follows:
- If not born deaf , with the local language of theirs
- If born deaf: With the use of pictures of objects,scenes etc
- Sign language
- If born deaf and blind(visually impaired and hearing impaired) sense of touch?
- Like the way kids below 2 years think!
How strange! How do the kids below 2 years think?! They don’t know any language yet!
The following site answers some of our doubts and the actual question at hand.
I still have 2 doubts unanswered though!
- How do kids below 2 years think?!
- If born deaf and blind , how do they think? (the article above doesn’t answer that case)
I’ll try to find out answers to the above 2 , if you know them already , please post them in the comments below.. Cya ..